Sunday, August 23, 2009

i have thoughts.

i saw Julie and Julia last night with Brooke and Sam and i loved it. both brooke and i said that half way thru the movie we were so glad that we chose to go see that movie as i wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else.

we laughed thru out the entire film as Meryl Streep did an amazing job as Julia Child, but even more i was so intrigued by the person of Julia Child. The word JOY kept coming to my mind over and over. she had this gift of engaging with everyone she met, and passionately pursuing something she wanted to do and believed in. they worked so hard to make the cookbook happen. didn't know i would love her so very much.

both brooke and sam have great laughs, and so it was so fun to laugh at parts of the movie together and hear such great laughs. i got overwhelmed with happiness during this film, it was an experience. fo sho.

julie (who cooks and blogs her way thru the entire julia child book) was quite great herself. i titled my post after a favorite line she says. "i have thoughts", i feel that way all the time. i have all these thoughts swirling around in my head and wonder do i share them all? do i keep them to myself? are they weirder then anyone else's thoughts in the world? either way, i do have thoughts and it makes me to continue to write and blog and share so i can look back and see what i was thinking about the small and big things of life. thanks blog.

then we shared beers with jg, b and erik who were in the theatre next to us seeing the glorious bastards (not my cup of tea) at the draught house.

I love going to the draught house. It is one of my most favorite places in austin. roone (my favorite bartender) came out from around the counter to give me a hug, poured me a beer and had a bowl of goldfish waiting for me when i came out of the bathroom. it was good to be back--it had been a while. btw--my new favorite beer right now is a brooklyn lager, its fantastic.

i bet now every blogger in the world is wondering if someone will stumble upon their blog, cause a frenzy, have a book published about it, and then turn it into a feature film...i do not believe that will be the case with this blog, but it definitely crossed my mind.

2 comments:

Peggy St. Philip said...

I'm a fan...I have always loved hearing your thoughts! :D Aunt P is one of your biggest fans always.

Sam Bennett said...

courtney- the new york times just called me trying to get in touch with you. they want to do an interview with you about your blog. :)