Thursday, September 10, 2009

third base.

been playing softball with friends for the past few weeks. every wednesday i suit up, get to the game about 30 minutes early for warm-ups and drills, and take my place as third baseman. i am tough, crush the ball at bat, catch most line drives that fly at my face, and i think most players on the other team are scared of me. but this is softball and we are out there to win.

we are not the team that shows up 5 minutes before the game, drinks beer, makes quite a few errors, has a girl playing third base (me), who misses most balls that come her way, and the other team calls her cute and girly when she's at bat. no way. no how.

just look at us.

1 comment:

Sam Bennett said...

You are indeed fierce. I thought your arm was going to fly out of socket when you caught that line drive last night.